The only constant when it comes to online marketing is change! The industry is constantly evolving as consumer needs and expectations change. Today’s online consumer is time poor with a short attention span! They want answers fast and they want them in as few clicks or swipes as possible! For brands, that means a race against time to beat out competitors! In online marketing you cannot allow yourself to be outshone by a competitor or consumers are likely to leave you in the dust!
How Long Do Consumers Spend Making Purchase Decisions?
Consumers are not taking the time to mull over the various options available to them. They are taking less time than ever before to make decisions based on what is important to them in the moment. Our lives are increasingly fast paced and online marketing has had to adapt in order to keep up!
Here are a few statistics that show just how impatient consumers are today:
- There has been a 300% increase in search interest for ‘Open Now’
- Two-thirds of consumers expect a same day response to online queries about products
- 40% of all purchases are made using ONLY an online channel for searching & buying
- Almost 60% of mobile consumers will abandon your site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load
However, online marketing is about more than just speed. Consumers are not only becoming more impatient, they are also more demanding. Not only do they expect an immediate answer, but they want their search experience to be tailored to them. Brands must understand consumer intent and tailor their online marketing strategy to meet consumer demands in the right moment.
How to Deliver Smarter Online Marketing
When it comes to making sure that your online marketing strategy meets the demands of consumers there are four key areas that should be considered:
- Understanding Your Audience on a Deeper Level – Consumer behaviors are changing constantly so there is always something new to learn. If you have a better understanding of your target audience and what they need, then you will be able to improve your online marketing exponentially. What is your customer searching? Where do they spend time online? Who will they listen to when it comes to recommendations? Get to know your customer intimately!
- Deliver Faster, Smarter Answers with the Help of Automation – Some people are data-driven, but we will never be able to process data as fast as machines, so don’t waste time trying to compete. Machine learning and automation can help you to deliver what consumers demand much faster. The leaders in online marketing are 1.2 times more likely to be using advanced technology.
- Gain Greater Visibility Online by Combing Ads & Analytics – A combination of ads and analytics is needed to give greater online visibility to your brand. It is essential that you analyze the performance of ads in order to refine them for the best possible reach.
- Improve Business Outcomes by Sharing Insights – It’s all about teamwork! Instead of keeping your insights under wraps share them with the rest of your team. If every department has a better understanding of your online marketing goals it becomes easier to achieve them and to grow your business.
To Your Best Online!
Ingrid Gee, Internet Marketing Consultant. Blue Dress® Marketing, an Internet Marketing Company headquartered in Knoxville, TN. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru. Turn Key Internet Optimization Programs Placing You Everywhere and Anywhere You Need to Be Online®