Websites are an integral part of every business’s internet marketing strategy, since it is one of the platforms that not only generate leads but can also convert them into sales. However, a lot of small businesses find themselves relying on social media and/or offline marketing to get customers. According to research, 46% of U.S. small businesses still don’t have a website.
It is important to take note that the majority of consumers today purchase goods and services online. So why aren’t businesses willing to invest in building a website? Some of the top reasons include; cost, a lack of knowledge, and a lack of time to maintain a website. Check out these statistics:
- 35% of small business believe they are too small to have a website
- 31% of small business use social media instead of having a website
- 26% of small business believe their customers are not online
- 25% of small business lack technical knowledge
- 23% of small business believe it is not relevant to their business or industry
- 22% of small business lack human and/or financial resources
- 21% of small business use a mobile app instead of a website
- 19% of small business owners never got around to it
- 11% of small business don’t see value in it
These statistics prove that not all businesses understand the importance of a strong internet marketing strategy to establish a relevant online presence. No matter the type of business, it’s necessary for customers to find indexed information online, ready for those looking for your product or service.
Websites that tell your story and showcase your products are important because more than 80% of Americans research online before making a purchase. It’s just as important to have these web pages compatible with mobile devices. More than half of online purchases are done on-the-go and on various devices, not just on the laptop or desktop anymore.
Be it a single landing page or a full-blown website, your business cannot afford to continue on without a website! Now more than ever consumers are turning to the internet for most goods and services and you need to have the appropriate presence.
To Your Best Online!
Ingrid Maddox, Internet Marketing & Strategy Consultant. bluedress INTERNET MARKETING, an Internet Marketing Company headquartered in Knoxville, TN. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented, and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru. Turn-Key Internet Optimization Programs Placing You Everywhere and Anywhere You Need to Be Online.