In today’s digital world, a website is an online address for a business or brand in any part of the world. The trend of in-store and physical shopping has given way to online shopping.
Did you know? There are more than 2 billion websites across the globe. With so many websites already there in the internet world, how can your website stand out? Seems tough, doesn’t it? This is where a professional and expert website agency comes into play. An experienced website agency can help you create a quality website from scratch or revamp your existing one to get a lot of traffic.
Are all websites quality websites? Of course not. So, the question is, how does a website agency make a good website? A good quality website is one that outclasses others in both appearance and function. There are several attributes that make a website a good quality one and can deliver the results that a business is expecting.
Aesthetically Pleasing Design
The first criteria for a website to be categorized as a good one are that it should have a captivating design. Remember, the website represents your business, your brand, your products, and your services. Hence, it needs to look good to the visitors at the first instant. Hiring an expert website agency can help your website have a lot of white space, an uncluttered layout, and an aesthetically pleasing design.
Fun Fact! 35% of online visitors will stop visiting a website that the layout is unattractive.
Another crucial factor that makes or breaks the success of a website is navigation. It needs to be simple, intuitive, and seamless. The user must be able to easily explore what they are looking for. Navigation is important for Google SEO purposes as well as from the point of view of the visitors. When looking at a website for the first time, 38% of the visitors look at the navigation of the different pages of the website.
Unique Quality Content
It is crucial to include blog topics and use simple, crisp, and easy to understand language. Avoid using technical jargon which the visitors will not understand. Always have fresh content every time that the users love to read. The content should focus on the pain points of the users and how your products and services can help them.
Did you know? On average, users spend around 5.59 seconds looking at the content written on a website. So it needs to get their interest!
In todays’ mobile world, most users browse websites on their smartphones when they are on the move. Considering this, it is important that the website agency you hire should focus on making the website and its contents optimized for different mobile screen sizes. Nearly 8 out of 10 customers will stop engaging with website content that does not display well on their smartphones.
High Resolutions Images
High-quality images add value to the visitors. This will help your business sell products or services more efficiently. High-resolution images help to increase the readership and the trust element of visitors to the website.
Benefits of having a quality website
- Improves credibility and performance
- Provides businesses a real competitive edge
- Better customer insights
- Increase in conversions of users to real customers
- Market expansion is possible without any geographical barriers
- Eliminates the extra cost of print advertising
- Effective communication with the customers in a two-way channel
- Rank higher in the Google Search engine results
Disadvantages of Having a poor quality
- High bounce rate
- A bad reputation in the market as a business or brand
- Competitors gain the advantage
- Low Google search result rankings
- Reduces the opportunities for brand awareness
- Low organic traffic
Development Tools that Help Boost Website Performance
There are several tools that a website agency hired by you will use to boost the performance of your website. Some of them are:
- Lighthouse – This open-source tool from Google helps to run audits and improves the quality of web pages on websites.
- Page Performance – Quick performance analysis of your website can be run using this Chrome extension.
- Test My Site – This is Google’s online tool to test the speed of your website on a mobile device.
- GTmetrix – GTmetrix is a tool that helps to test the functionality of web pages by analyzing speed and performance.
- Sitespeed.io – This set of open-source tools helps to monitor and measure the performance of your website.
A final thought – 75% of people judge the credibility of a business or brand depending on how the website appears. Considering this, it makes sense for businesses and brands to invest in building a quality website by taking help from a website agency.
To Your Best Online!
Ingrid Maddox, Internet Marketing & Strategy Consultant. bluedress INTERNET MARKETING, an Internet Marketing Company headquartered in Knoxville, TN. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented, and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru. Turn-Key Internet Optimization Programs Placing You Everywhere and Anywhere You Need to Be Online.